Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Flu is Here

So...Mini ran a fever last week. We ended up in the hospital for a blood work and a round of IV antibiotics...just in case...Two days of that and mini still had a temperature of 102.8....ugh!

Mini was finally diagnosed with the flu after an evening run to the ER...we were sent home with a prescription for Tamiflu....and isolation.

So...Mini cannot return to school until she has been without fever for 24 hours...I had to reschedule Mini's MRI...hopefully she will be well enough to take a scheduled neuro-psych exam next week....Ugh! Last week was just a quick reminder of the life we used to live before Mini's bone marrow transplant...not fun.







2 comments:

  1. Hi, I would like to say that I stumbled across your blog after a google search of sickle cell + bone marrow/stem cell transplant + blog and I am remarkably affected by your resolve, commitment, and detailed account of 'Mini's' journey. I read the entire blog in one sitting. Yours and Mini's story motivated me to push ahead. Here's my personal story, nearly two years ago, my baby of 3 was born with Sickle Cell SC type. It was unknown that I was a carrier of the 'C' trait. It was known that my husband is a carrier of the 'S' trait as my daughter inherited the 'S' trait. Blessed and thankfully, my son has not encountered any SC related complications; however, it doesn't completely eradicate my nervousness about this diagnosis but it does allow me to breath day-by-day (of course). To the end, perhaps it will be my son's destiny to be cured as it was Mini's because there is nothing more than I would deeply desire for his health and that is one without the potential complications of SCA. I look forward to your next post, by our accounts of curiosity, did the donor agree to meet Mini? I have truly benefited from your courage to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi HappyLiving,

      I'm not sure your reading this, but if you are...please email me at dbmore@hotmail.com so we can chat.

      Keep your head up...the cure is on the way.

      Delete